I made Peppermint Creams!!
So when I was younger I remember making versions of these with my dad and ever since then I have been in love (and slightly addicted) to minty sweets.
Since we are in lockdown I thought I would attempt to make these on my own, which was actually much easier than I had anticipated.
The first step was to get to the shops to buy the ingredients that I needed which was only icing sugar and peppermint extract but here is where things got tricky as the was ABSOLUTELY ZERO icing sugar and mint extract in any of the shops that I had access to, but luckily I called up one of my friends and she was able to drop them over to me because she is an absolute queen.
Now onto the good part, making the sweet treats.
250g icing sugar
1 egg white
Few drops of peppermint extract
Chocolate (I used milk chocolate but the recipe suggested dark)
1. First you need to sieve the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add a little bit of the egg white and the few drops of the peppermint extract and mix.
2. The aim is for the mixture to come together as a soft dough, so you can keep adding more of the egg white and don't stop mixing till all the icing sugar is mixed up swell so it isn't too sticky.
3. Place baking parchment on a large board or tray. Divide the mixture into 20 small balls and then flatten them slightly with you r fingertips into disc shapes.
4. Place the tray of discs into the fridge for a bit whilst you get the melting the chocolate . I ended up using nearly half of a medium sized Cadbury's bar by breaking it into blocks and tipping them into a microwavable bowl and placing it in the microwave for 30 second intervals stirring after each blast. Once fully melted let it sit for roughly 5 mins or enough for it to cool down without setting.
5. Final step is to dip your minty discs halfway into the chocolate and place back onto the tray. Let them chill for either 3-4 hours or overnight. (I found it easier to leave them overnight so that I didn't get tempted to eat them as soon as 3 hours had passed)
OPTIONAL: as I had rather a lot of melted chocolate left over I cut up a banana (or fruit of your chance) and mixed them together. Was it delicious, ABSOLUTELY. Did I feel sick afterwards, ABSOLUTELY.
p.s I didn't create this recipe I used the one from BBC good food.
Hope you enjoy making these as they are super simple and super delicious :)